World Cafe Live has been built on a simple insight: that a place dedicated to showcasing live music should be a place that attracts and inspires live musicians. The result is a three-tiered music hall in which every detail has been designed to optimize the live performance experience, from sight lines, lighting and acoustics to green rooms, equipment access and concierge service.
Designed entirely by ear.
In World Cafe Live we were given a rare opportunity to design a space expressly for live music in an otherwise empty 40,000 square-foot Art Deco factory building. Among other things, structural columns were removed and resituated to optimize sight lines and sound locks installed at every opening.
- Downstairs Live features a three-tiered music hall with capacity for seating 300 in its normal bistro configuration and holds up to 650 as standing room only.
- Downstairs Live is equipped with a Clair Brothers’ digitally controlled PA and stage monitor system, ETC lighting fixtures and dimming racks, all designed and installed by Clair Brothers, the world’s largest touring sound company.
- Upstairs Live offers an intimate café on the Walnut Street level, seating approximately 100 and featuring live radio broadcasts and performance seven days a week.
- Upstairs and Downstairs both provide full food and beverage service in a smoke-free environment.
- Designated retail areas for the sale of tickets, CDs, T-shirts and Gifts as well as World Cafe Live logo merchandise.
- Comfortably appointed Green Rooms for performers (including shower facilities and wireless internet) and on-site artist concierge.
- Easy ground-floor loading access for equipment. (Tech Specs)
- Job opportunities for World Cafe Live Philadelphia and World Cafe Live at The Queen can be found on the Employment page.